All photographs shown are property of the Balch Springs Library-Learning Center and may not be used or reproduced without permission.

Thank you,
Library Staff

Monday, April 9, 2012

April Photo Submissions- Shadows

1. Trees






2. Pumpkins in Line




3. Shadows of Twilight





4. Shadow Heart





5.Willows & Walkways





6. Pumpkins






7. Hanging Out






8. Little Man in the Window





9. Stone People






10. Figurando






11. Kids






12. Creeping






13. Black & White





14. Hiding Under Her Hat






15. Driver Training






16. Brothers






17. Shadow Cross




18. Iris




19. Besties




20. Angel at the Lake


1 comment:

  1. 1) #7 Hanging out: I would make as first place. My inclination was to make Figurando number one, but the nature of the composition to me out did the more technical aspects of the second place photo. I'd recommend the photographer go back in and work with this photo a little more to push its color levels and increase the darkness of the shadows a little more. They're not quite what they could be and would enhance the photo significantly like I suggested in the attached revision via Photoshop.

    2) #10 Figurando: 2nd Place: I like this photo for its composition, it does a good job of drawing one's eye into the heart of the photo. But it fell short of number one because of it's lack of levels in the degrees of white and black.

    3) #16 Brothers: 3rd Place. I thought this photo, too, needed some work in Photoshop or Photoshop Elements to give it a little more life. My recommendation to the photographer would be to also make some modifications in PS to level out the lines of the garage door, get rid of a few distortions on the photo itself, and then of course, to make the shadows contrast a little more against the white of the garage door.

    Thanks for giving me the opportunity to judge the entries. There's good work here and I'm happy to do this any time.

    Donny

    ReplyDelete